TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Shut down Florida: That's what hundreds of thousands of people are asking the state's Governor Ron DeSantis to do on an online petition.
The petition on change.org calls on the governor to take action before COVID-19, the coronavirus infects more people.
On Saturday night, it had more than 345,000 signatures.
In the Tampa Bay area, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties have issued "safer-at-home orders," urging people to only go out for essential services.
DeSantis has said before he doesn't think the entire state needs a "stay-at-home-order" and that it wouldn't be effective.
The number of positive COVID-19 cases in the state reached more than 4,000 with 56 deaths Saturday.
- 'Tiger King' Joe Exotic files $94 million civil rights lawsuit from prison
- Coronavirus in Florida: State now reporting more than 4,000 positive cases of COVID-19
- Stay-at-home vs. shelter-in-place: Here's what they mean
- Online petition calls for Gov. DeSantis to shut Florida down during COVID-19 outbreak
- This interactive map shows coronavirus cases in Florida
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP: