ORLANDO, Fla — (AP) The CEO of SeaWorld Entertainment is stepping down just months into the job.
Company officials said Monday that Gustavo "Gus" Antorcha has resigned from his job as the top executive the theme park company as well as his position on the company's board of directors.
In a statement provided by the Orlando, Florida-based company, Antorcha said he still believed in SeaWorld's mission, even though he may have "a difference of approach."
Before taking over the helm of SeaWorld in February, Antorcha was a top executive at Carnival Cruise Lines.
SeaWorld Chief Financial Officer Marc Swanson was named interim CEO while an executive search firm looks for a permanent successor.
Swanson has been with SeaWorld for 19 years.
RELATED: Baby walrus born at SeaWorld Orlando
What other people are reading right now:
- 'True evil': Missing Florida mom, 4 children found dead as investigation focuses on her husband
- Man 'deeply sorry' for raping, killing girl
- He went missing 2 years ago. Then, his body was found. Now, his family is trying to save other kids.
- Cops: 2 daycare employees arrested after video shows little girl dangled upside down, bullied
- 'I am awesome': How a millennial built a fentanyl empire
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter