A goose and a gull are recovering after apparently overdosing on prescription drugs that were left in a California park recently, an animal care center said.

Wetland & Wildlife Care Center posted on Facebook that someone noticed hundreds of pills scattered in a Huntington Beach park this week and saw the birds in distress.

The center is caring for a Canada goose and a ring-billed gull who showed symptoms of having eaten the drugs.

The center updated its post to say the birds are doing well after treatment.

Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.

Have a news tip? Email tips@wtsp.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.