PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. — A Florida family says their toilet exploded after lightning hit their septic tank.
Marylou Ward told WINK-TV the disaster happened Sunday morning.
"It used to be our toilet. We have nothing now," she said.
The lightning also destroyed the home's plumbing and septic tank. Ward's plumber told her the lightning ignited methane gas in the pipes.
Fortunately, no one was hurt.
“I’m just glad none of us were on the toilet,” Ward said.
What other people are reading right now:
- President Trump postpones Florida visit after 2 deadly mass shootings
- Body of missing St. Petersburg man found in Hawaii
- Police find missing 21-year-old woman
- Florida mother, son win lottery, then go to jail
- SWAT team, deputies arrest man after he was barricaded inside home
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.