TAMPA, Fla. — For the 4th year, the Tampa Bay Lightning is teaming up with AdventHealth to give sick children a new friend.
The first 3,000 Bolts fans to arrive at Amalie Arena for Saturday's 4 p.m. game against the Calgary Flames will receive a Buddy Bear. It's a teddy bear dressed in Lightning gear.
For every bear given away at today's game, another bear will be given to a pediatric patient with AdventHealth.
If you can't make it to the game, you can still donate online for $25. You'll get a Buddy Bear and so will a child in Florida who's going through treatment with AdventHealth.
The Buddy Bear program helps fund the AdventHealth Foundation West Florida. Contributions will help buy life-saving pediatric equipment and provide medical services to sick children.
- Polls open for South Carolina's Democratic primary
- US, Taliban sign peace agreement aimed at ending America's longest war
- 'I never got to give you my last name': Fiancé grieves after woman dies in I-295 crash
- Jungle Cruise boat full of passengers sinks at Disney World
- Person presumed to have coronavirus in Oregon works at elementary school
- K-9 deputy attacked by a venomous snake while searching for missing baby
- Skyway 10K guide: Everything you need to know to race
FREE 10NEWS APP: