NEW YORK — Ryan Yarbrough ended a 24-start winless skid with Tampa Bay’s first complete game in more than five years.
Austin Meadows homered off shaky Yankees ace Gerrit Cole and drove in five and the Rays beat New York 9-2.
The AL East-leading Rays salvaged a four-game split, improving to 10-3 at Yankee Stadium since the start of last season.
New York fell 4 1/2 games back of Tampa Bay and has dropped seven of 10 entering a weekend series against the rival Red Sox.
Meadows homered three times in the series.
What other people are reading right now:
- Lighting, Hurricanes Game 3 live updates
- $6 million in unclaimed property assets returned to people around Tampa Bay: Are you missing money?
- Philippe Park reopens Thursday following black bear sighting
- Man accused of shooting somebody in the face over dog dispute has 'anger issues,' sheriff says
- Find a Lightning watch party for Game 3 against Carolina
- Florida family loses four loved ones to COVID-19 in a matter of three months
- Tampa man attacked by gator in Myakka River
- What can I get tax-free during Florida's Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday?
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter