SARASOTA, Fla. — There's a chance for skateboarder Jake Ilardi to take the gold.
He says he's second in the U.S. and seventh in the world and now, he's on the way to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
"I'm just honored to represent Team USA, and I'm super excited to show the world my skateboarding skills and, hopefully, inspire some more kids to start skating," Ilardi said.
Watch the video above to check out some of Ilardi's moves ahead of the Olympics next month.
- Grocery prices are going up: Here's how you can save
- Biden, Putin hold face-to-face summit talks
- 'Holy s---!' Hammerhead shark thrashes in ankle-deep water near beachgoers
- Some cruise lines vow to defy Florida's ban on proof of vaccination
- State attorney: 'Machete-wielding murderer' sentenced to life in prison for killing man inside Brandon grow house
- How recent rainfall could prolong red tide
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter