TAMPA, Fla. — A woman was driving the wrong way when she crashed head-on into a pickup truck early this morning on Interstate 275, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The 32-year-old Brandon woman died in the collision that happened just before 6 a.m. Sunday, troopers said.
She drove north on the southbound entrance ramp from Dale Mabry Highway to I-275 and hit the truck. It was carrying construction equipment, which scattered across the highway. The car spun around and into the shoulder, crashing into a guardrail.
The woman, who was not identified, died at the scene while the truck driver and two of his passengers were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Everyone was wearing a seat belt, the Highway Patrol said.
Traffic cameras showed Florida troopers diverting traffic off I-275 to Howard Avenue for much of the morning.
- Debunking common COVID-19 vaccine myths with USF virologist
- Florida hunters have duck stolen by massive gator
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
- How to save the most money shopping online this holiday season
- Side effects from COVID-19 vaccine likely will be unpleasant, doctors warn
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter