LUTZ, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said an infant was hurt in a multi-car crash that shut down both directions of Van Dyke Road Friday afternoon.
Investigators said the baby was only a few months old and is in critical condition.
A total of eight people were in the vehicles involved in the crash and five of those people were taken to the hospital. At least four vehicles were involved.
Investigators say the crash happened around 2 p.m. when a 4-door sedan ran a stop sign on Brown Road and crashed into a vehicle traveling eastbound on Van Dyke Road.
One of the drivers involved in the crash was 90 years old, according to law enforcement.
Deputies are on scene and trying to piece together more information.
What other people are reading right now:
- Video: Restaurant uses hose to spray 10News reporter with water during health inspection questions
- Potential Tropical Cyclone 9 could be a rainmaker for parts of Florida this weekend
- Florida Man Radio debuts in Orlando
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter