Passengers at Tampa International Airport can now book their parking online – up to a year ahead of their trips.
The airport on Monday debuted a new booking system that offers discounted rates and contact-free payment.
“This tool will help us modernize the parking operation at Tampa International Airport, providing contactless convenience and greater ease-of-use for our passengers and guests,” Laurie Noyes, TPA’s vice president of concessions and commercial parking, wrote in a statement. “The system is easy to find and easy to use. After booking online, passengers will simply receive a confirmation email with a QR code to scan when entering and exiting the garages.”
Last year, the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority Board of Directors approved a $2 price hike at its parking facilities. That increase takes effect Tuesday, but passengers booking online can keep the current rates for now and save $2 per day in the new web-based system.
The airport says the new system, which also allows people to upgrade their parking, saw strong use during a recent soft launch – generating 835 transactions in two weeks.
“We believe this new contactless parking option will be much appreciated by our guests and will play a role in helping our passengers feel comfortable when they choose to fly again,” Noyes added.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida vaccine eligibility expands to all adults Monday
- Breach ongoing at Piney Point reservoir, leaders say, as crews try to prevent collapse
- Evacuations ordered over 'imminent' threat millions of gallons of wastewater could gush into Manatee County
- Manatee County schools halts bus pick-ups inside Piney Point evacuation zone
- 60 Minutes investigates allegations Gov. DeSantis' vaccine distribution favored the wealthy
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter