MIAMI — Hurricane season begins on Monday and the tropics have already been active.
The National Hurricane Center is watching an area of disturbed weather in the central Atlantic Ocean located several hundred miles east southeast of Bermuda.
There is a small chance that it develops before conditions become less favorable by Sunday.
At this point, it appears like it will stay just east of Bermuda.
It is not a threat to Florida.
What other people are reading right now:
- Here's how Crew Dragon compares to the 8 other spaceships that have carried humans
- Historic SpaceX Crew Dragon launch scrubbed due to weather
- Disney World proposes reopening July 11 with mandatory masks for all
- SeaWorld proposes reopening parks June 10
- Hillsborough County endorses plans for reopening Busch Gardens
- 103-year-old woman celebrates coronavirus recovery with a cold beer
- Man accused of plotting mass shooting in Tampa Bay area, charged with trying to help ISIS
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter