GULFPORT, Fla. — Severe weather swept across parts of Tampa Bay Saturday. The storms brought a lot of lightning to the area.
Witnesses say a boat in the water in Boca Ciega Bay in Gulfport was struck by lightning and set on fire. Video and photos showed large flames shooting from the boat.
Gulfport police said there was nobody on the boat when the fire started.
This is a developing story. Stay with 10news for updates.
- Man allegedly told girl he needed to check if she was a virgin before molesting her
- Treasure Island bars ready for first weekend with extended alcohol sales
- Woman fined $100,000 for overgrown weeds and a dirty pool. She's not alone.
- WATCH: Apollo 11 rocket and anniversary show projected on Washington Monument
- Moon landing events, Christmas in July, Lego Movie Days: 10 things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.