If you are superstitious, this is one interesting week for you! As the moon rises Wednesday evening, watch it closely. Because, just after midnight, at 12:12 a.m. on now, Thursday Dec. 12, the moon will be full. That’s right. The December full moon occurs at 12:12 a.m. on 12/12.
And numerologists say 12 is a significant number. The number 12 signifies completion -- a chance to wrap up a certain life stage before moving forward to bigger and better things.
Twelve is also the number of months in a year and hours on a clock face. We measure in 12. There are 12 inches in a foot. You get 12 eggs in a carton. The average human has 12 ribs. There are the “Twelve days of Christmas.” There are 12 zodiac signs. Twelve is a number widely used in the Bible, such as the 12 apostles; and in the Book of Revelations, there are 12 gates and 12 angels. Twelve is the number of members on a jury.
The ancient Greeks worshipped 12 major gods of Olympus. There were 12 knights of King Arthur’s round table. We even go through 12 grades in school.
So if you are superstitious, will you buy a lottery ticket this week or hide under the bed?
Because guess what, after the full moon, it’s Friday the 13th!
What other people are reading right now:
- Hundreds of truckers stranded across the country after company shuts down
- Boat Graveyard: More boats are moving out of the Bay after 10News' investigation
- NJ Governor: Police officers shot during standoff in Jersey City
- Warrant: Child soiled pants, teacher made him sit in it for two hours to 'prove a point'
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
FREE 10NEWS APP: