TAMPA, Fla. — Looks like a new film studio will open in Ybor City in a few weeks thanks to two filmmakers.
Producer Kristian Krempel and “Blair Witch Project” writer and director Dan Myrick have linked together to build a 17,000-square-foot film studio.
Myrick is also a Sarasota native.
The studio founders want to make Ybor City a more collaborative place for not just filmmakers, but for artists and musicians as well.
The new studio is on the corner of Fourth Avenue and 15th Street. It will also include a sound stage.
The two filmmakers have two projects in the works: A web series starting in the fall called “Black Veil” and then later they plan to shoot a feature-length film called “Lost in Ybor.”
What other people are reading right now:
- Horseback riding ban could be coming to Tampa Bay
- Man accused of killing Pinky the flamingo hit and killed by a truck
- Video shows moment newborn pulled from plastic bag in woods
- Police: Baby girl dies from heroin and cocaine; parents indicted on homicide charges
- Rays owner announces goal of having 2 new stadiums in Tampa Bay and Montreal
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.