TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Trappers caught a massive gator earlier this month that was wandering on Interstate 10.
WKMG reported a semi-truck hit the 12-foot, 463-pound gator. The gator survived.
Trappers removed the gator from I-10 near the Monroe Street exit. The Miami Herald reported the trapping caused temporary lane closures.
Vaughan Gators, LLC posted a picture of the gator on its Facebook page.
WKMG said the injuries to the gator were so bad it later had to be euthanized.
What other people are reading right now:
- Forest Hill officer who failed to find kidnapped 8-year-old girl has been fired
- 2019 Atlantic hurricane season: What to expect
- Retired police officer dies while visiting Dominican Republic
- 'My Little Pony' casket donated for Maleah Davis' funeral
- Motorcyclist killed in wrong-way crash on I-75
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.