A wrong-way crash led to a motorcyclist's death Wednesday on Interstate 75 near the Hillsborough/Pasco County line, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
Troopers said about 3:30 p.m., a 1994 Lincoln Town Car was headed south in the northbound lanes of the interstate after making a U-turn from the I-275 entrance ramp.
The Lincoln hit a 2012 Harley Davidson motorcycle head-on near County Line Road, troopers said.
The 45-year-old Clearwater male motorcyclist died at the scene. His name is not being released pending notification of next of kin.
The Lincoln's 84-year-old male Tampa driver was taken to Advent Health with serious injuries. Charges are pending, FHP said.
Northbound I-75 traffic was closed for several hours.
What other people are reading right now:
- State attorney's office overturns 17 cases after 3 Tampa cops were fired
- Teenager who had flat tire attends prayer vigil for men who died trying to help her
- Governor signs bill legalizing electric scooters in Florida
- Deadly crash closes US 301 in Riverview
- Man gets probation after pleading guilty to molesting 11-year-old girl, giving her an STD
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.