TAMPA, Fla. — A Tampa Catholic High School custodian is accused of sexually battering a teenager, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said.
Herbert Jones, 31, was arrested Friday and charged with three counts of sexual battery by a person 18 or older on a victim older than 12. His bail is set at $75,000.
Deputies say Jones battered the teen on June 22. They say he admitted to the crime and said the victim tried to refuse his advances.
Officials are trying to determine whether there are other victims. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200.
What other people are reading right now:
- Plane heading to St. Pete crashes in Texas, killing 10
- Trooper gets emotional signing off for the last time
- FDA identifies dog foods possibly linked to fatal canine heart disease
- Report: NASA to explore asteroid so valuable it could make everybody on Earth billionaires
- Teammates, coaches and parents gather to remember teen killed on bicycle
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.