TAMPA, Fla. — Since the coronavirus pandemic hit, people are spending more time at home and less time going out.
Plus, when people are out, there's a six-foot social distancing guideline, so people might not always be in smelling range of each other.
Yes, we said smelling range.
That's because in a recent report, consumer goods company Unilever said the demand for personal care products has gone down. The company owns brands like Dove soap and Axe deodorants.
CNN Business reported the company blames lockdowns for a decline in sales.
It isn't all bad news for the company though. It also owns Ben & Jerry's and Magnum.
It reported ice cream sales have shot up since people are spending more time at home eating.
Let's face it, you probably need both down here in Florida.
Good to know
If you want to keep your armpits fresh but don't want to spend money at the store or venture out during the pandemic, we have a homemade recipe that works like a charm-- even down here in the Florida heat.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup corn starch (or arrowroot powder if you have sensitive skin)
- A few drops of an essential oil of your choice
It's the natural antibacterial in coconut oil that helps with odor and the baking soda and cornstarch that keep you dry.
- Florida reports incorrect child COVID-19 rates amid debate over reopening schools
- Invest 92-L likely to become Tropical Storm Isaias in the next couple of days
- A step closer to a COVID-19 vaccine: Moderna to move into phase 3 clinical trials in Miami
- Did you get a weird seed packet in the mail? Don't open it: Here's what to do
- GOP unveils 'HEALS' Act with another round of $1,200 stimulus checks
- Pinellas County’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 5 percent
- Police: Little boy found wandering alone still not reunited with parents, guardian
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter