CLEARWATER, Fla. — He wanted to split – and she wasn’t happy about it, according to an arrest affidavit from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.
Clearwater police say when Thomas Burke told his wife of nine years he thought they should separate, 69-year-old Pamela Carr pulled out a Taser and stunned him several times.
According to the affidavit, she admitted to zapping him but claimed it was self-defense.
Officers didn’t buy that.
Carr was arrested, charged with aggravated domestic battery and released on a $1,000 bond. The Associated Press reports she's been ordered to stay away from her husband.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida Highway Patrol trooper shot and killed on I-95
- President Trump to give impeachment acquittal speech Thursday
- Did Speaker Nancy Pelosi break the law when ripping State of the Union speech?
- VERIFY: Fact-checking President Trump's third State of the Union address
- Florida severe weather outlook: Strong winds, a tornado possible
- Bright meteor caught on doorbell camera plummeting to Earth
- FBI joins search for missing Florida baby after triple murder