WEEKI WACHEE, Fla. — A student at a Florida high school is accused of swinging at a teacher and grabbing a coach by the throat.
Hernando County deputies say a Weeki Wachee High student, who took THC oil, swung at a teacher and knocked binders out of her hands as she was writing a pass for the student to go to the clinic. Investigators claim the student was having a “violent reaction” to the THC oil.
According to law enforcement, the teacher called for help and when other staff members got there, the student grabbed a male coach by the throat.
The student was subdued until a school resource officer was able to help, according to deputies.
The student was taken to the hospital.
Charges are pending.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane Dorian finally begins to move away from Grand Bahama
- Live blog: The latest, need-to-know information on Hurricane Dorian
- Before-and-after photos show how badly Hurricane Dorian flooded the Bahamas
- Police: 26 kilos of cocaine wash up on Florida beach during Hurricane Dorian
- Hurricane chaser shares remarkable story of riding out Dorian in Bahamas
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter