ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — During this difficult time, we're not just seeing our community come together.
Businesses are also stepping in and helping our first responders who are on the front line confronting the coronavirus outbreak.
Tour De Pizza in St. Petersburg is offering them free food. Founder Matt McClellan set up empty boxes outside the restaurant. First responders can stop by, show their I.D. or badge and write down what kind of pizza they want in the box.
"At times like this, words of motivation and inspiration resonate because people are scared. So it's a little bit of hope, a slice of hope, a slice of inspiration via free dinner. A piece of pizza can go a long way," McClellan said.
Tour De Pizza is located at 8824 4th Street in St. Petersburg.
- Model: Florida's coronavirus peak could come in early May, with hundreds of deaths daily
- White House projects 100K to 240K coronavirus deaths if social distancing is maintained
- 'Pandemic' scientist says his team has discovered potential cure for COVID-19
- Pastor arrested, accused of violating 'safer-at-home' order by holding Sunday services
- Schools in Florida to remain closed through May 1 because of coronavirus
- Stay-at-home vs. shelter-in-place: Here's what they mean
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter