HAINES CITY, Fla. — The man wanted for killing three people, including a 6-year-old child, has turned himself in, police said.
Ernst Cherizard, 38, reported to the Haines City Police Department just after 2 p.m. Sunday, according to a news release.
Detectives said they will make an attempt to interview him.
Elizabelle Frenel, 6, died from her injuries just before 11 p.m. Saturday; she was shot in the temple, face and arm. Cherizard also shot and killed 23-year-old Eli Junia Normil and her aunt Nicole Guillume, 48, police said.
The shooting happened before 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Citrus Ridge Apartment Complex. Two relatives of one of the victims arrived at the apartment complex to check on them, and Cherizard told them that she was not there, police said.
One of the relatives returned and got into a confrontation with Cherizard, who fatally shot her, police said.
His car was spotted early Saturday morning passing the Boyton Beach, Florida toll plaza.
Cherizard is being held in the Polk County Jail without bond.
What other people are reading right now:
- After a fight for her life, police say girl shot by mother's boyfriend dies
- Video: Huge gator takes a stroll down Florida street
- E. coli outbreak may be caused by ground beef, CDC says
- Man arrested for stripping in Walmart while his mom chases dog around store, does karate
- Does your driver’s license have a gold or black star? If not, you may not be able to fly in 2020
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.