PORT RICHEY, Fla. — Port Richey's acting mayor was also arrested Wednesday -- just weeks after the arrest of former Mayor Dale Massad who was jailed after he allegedly shot at deputies who were trying to arrest him for practicing medicine without a license.
Terrence Rowe, 64, of Port Richey, is charged with obstruction of justice, conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice and use of a two-way communication device to facilitate the commission of a crime.
Rowe began serving as acting mayor following Massad's arrest.
FDLE agents say Rowe conspired to interfere with an active criminal investigation and was taken to the Pasco County Jail, where bond was set at $15,000.
By early Thursday morning, Rower had bonded out of jail, according to the sheriff's office.
Attorney General Ashley Moody’s office will handle the case.
Massad faces attempted murder charges for his separate case.
What other people are reading right now:
- Georgia bill would require men to report every release of sperm to officers
- 'I grabbed the rest of the chain on my leg and I ran': Woman describes days of being held against her will
- IMG Academy director accused of taking exams in college admissions scam
- 'Yuki' the wolf-dog captivates the world after sanctuary saves him from kill shelter
- Police: Florida dad brought loaded AK-47 to middle school after child said teacher 'slammed him'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.