SARASOTA, Fla. — Jeff Maultsby, the now former Sarasota schools assistant superintendent fired Monday following a sexual harassment investigation, is opting not to fight to get his job back.
He had 15 days to appeal the firing but resigned Tuesday, Sarasota County School District board member Shirley Brown said.
A third-party investigator was hired to review claims made by Cheraina Bonner, Maultsby's administrative assistant, including those indicating he sexually harassed her. When she reported the incidents, Bonner claimed Maultsby threatened retaliation.
Maultsby had been placed earlier on administrative leave -- collecting his $183,000 salary.
What other people are reading right now:
- See the text of the House impeachment resolution here
- St. Pete bar responds to viral allegations of rash concerns among customers
- Grandfather charged in death of granddaughter who fell 11 stories on a cruise ship
- 2 women banned indefinitely from MLB after flashing during World Series
- Nats fan holding 2 beers takes home run ball off his stomach, becomes an American hero
FREE 10NEWS APP: