WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The mother of a 25-year-old diver who lost an arm when he was run over by a boat says he’s in “critical condition.”
In a post on Facebook, Leila Viss wrote that it’s with a heavy heart she is sharing the news of Carter Viss’s accident. He was injured Thanksgiving Day while diving with a group.
The South Florida SunSentinel reports a good Samaritan recovered the severed arm and gave it to the U.S. Coast Guard. Doctors couldn’t reattach it.
His mother wrote that Viss suffered “severe damage” to all his limbs.
Florida Fish and Wildlife officials say 30-year-old Daniel Stanton was operating a boat and throttled down when he saw the dive flag. The boat struck Viss as it decelerated.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man eating with family dies after bullet flies through door
- Women accused of stealing elderly lady's credit cards, smiling on $5K shopping spree
- Why the 'Trucker Salute' is a tradition worth saving
- Police told him his mom was murdered, and his 13-year-old son killed her. He doesn't know what to do
- Florida woman finds horse dead, says it looks like he was cut with knife
- After stroke, local business owner hopes Small Business Saturday will help save store
FREE 10NEWS APP: