TAMPA, Fla — Former Cy Young Award winner Blake Snell could be headed to the San Diego Padres.
ESPN reporter Jeff Passan and Dennis Lin with The Athletic both reporting the deal between Snell and the Padres is in its final stages.
According to Passan, the deal would be "centered around top pitching prospect Luis Patiño," citing ESPN sources.
Lin added that Francisco Mejía, Blake Hunt and Cole Wilcox would be heading to Tampa as part of the deal.
All that is said to still be standing in the way is a pending review of medical records.
- Trump signs massive funding bill into law, includes $600 stimulus checks
- Here's who won't get a second stimulus check, if COVID relief bill is signed
- Police searching for 'armed and dangerous' man accused of killing a Tampa woman
- Police camera captures moment downtown Nashville bomb went off
- Here's what holiday items you can and can't recycle
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter