ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays are being delayed in the ninth inning by a power outage at Tropicana Field.
The lights at the dome stadium went out after Austin Pruitt's first pitch to Thairo Estrada leading off the ninth inning Sunday.
Both teams' television broadcasts also lost power.
The Tampa Bay Rays later tweeted the power outage came from a main switch in the building failing.
The Rays said the operations staff found the problem and rerouted the electrical feed so the game could go on.
What other people are reading right now:
- Grandpa carjacked at gunpoint, doesn't panic
- FHP: Florida man driving Cadillac from sunroof says he'd rather go to jail than back to his wife
- Gov. DeSantis vetoes bill that would have put an end to straw bans
- Father might be heading to Georgia after breaking into home, removing daughter
- The 24 best Mother's Day deals and freebies for 2019
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.