TAMPA, Fla — Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes says he's excited to become a dad, but hopefully, that day comes after Super Bowl LV.
Mahomes and his fiance Brittany Matthews made the announcement they were expecting to add a little MVP to their family in September.
Then, a month later the couple revealed it was a girl.
While the couple has kept their due date under wraps, the dad to be said he hopes their little one can wait until after the big game, according to Fox 4.
“But whenever it happens, it happens. But we can wait ’til maybe a few weeks after the game, that would probably be ideal," Fox 4 reports Mahomes saying.
The Kansas City Star reports that the expected family is "extremely ready" for their baby girl to arrive.
Businesses Insider reports that Mahomes and Matthews have been together since they were teens.
- Police searching for car carrying vials of COVID-19 vaccines stolen from Strawberry Festival Grounds
- NFL and Tampa Bay Buccaneers thank service members at MacDill Air Force base
- NFL says health, safety at the forefront leading up to Super Bowl LV
- Super Bowl LV forecast: Rain chances increasing a bit
- Here's how to avoid parking in downtown Tampa ahead of Super Bowl LV
- Everything you need to know about Super Bowl LV in Tampa
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter