TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay Lightning's newest addition is lending a paw to show support for the team.
'Bolt' the yellow lab puppy was introduced as the team's new ambassador.
Born on March 31 and weighing in at 28.5 pounds, he was provided by Southeastern Guide Dogs to help the team while training to be a service dog later on in his career.
Bolt started at the Grant and Shirley Herron Puppy Academy with the guide dog program before leaving for boarding school with a puppy raiser with the Lightning organization.
Southeastern's program trains and pairs its guide and service dogs with people who have visual impairments, veterans who have disabilities, and children who face challenges such as vision loss or who have lost a parent in the military.
What other people are reading right now:
- 85-year-old Florida man accused of murdering 90-year-old lover of 60 years
- Assisted living facility worker reportedly left residents alone to go clubbing
- Florida mother, son win lottery, then go to jail
- 5-year-old SC girl missing after mom found dead in home
- Police find missing 21-year-old woman
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.