TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay area is buzzing with excitement now that we know who the Lightning will face off against in the Stanley Cup Semifinals.
The New York Islanders will face the Lightning in the semifinals of the playoffs after defeating the Boston Bruins on Wednesday in Game 6 of their series.
Even though we don't know when puck drop for the first game will be, Ticketmaster is starting its game ticket presale at noon Thursday.
Amalie Arena will allow 13,500 fans for playoff games. You can read about its COVID-19 safety protocols here.
The bolts have some history with New York. Tampa Bay eliminated them in six games during last year's Eastern Conference Final. The same year, the Lightning won it all.
What other people are reading right now:
- Lightning will face New York Islanders in Stanley Cup Semifinals
- Tampa teen believes cryptocurrency is the future of finance
- Firefighters discover body while fighting grass fire near Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Coughing at a Pinellas County beach? Red tide could be why
- Man identified 27 years after body found in Florida woods
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter