HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — It's not a matter of what came to the rescue of an injured owl in Hillsborough County, but rather a matter of "hoo"-- a deputy.
Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office Deputy Kertesz responded to a call of an owl in distress Sunday. When she arrived she found the owl on the ground with what appeared to be a wing injury.
Deputy Kertesz wrapped the bird up in a sheet and took it to Blue Pearl Animal Hospital.
"The owl is expected to make a full recovery," the sheriff's office wrote on Facebook.
What other people are reading right now:
- Family of Don Lewis, whose disappearance resurfaced in 'Tiger King,' set to make announcements in his cold case
- Hurricane Hanna makes landfall in Texas
- Regis Philbin, television personality and host, dies at 88
- Rays coaches, Blue Jays players kneel during the national anthem on Opening Day
- Florida now reporting more coronavirus cases than New York
- Here are the reopening plans for Tampa Bay school districts
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter