PEORIA, Ariz. — Little acts of kindness can go a long way, especially during a pandemic, and an Arizona police officer's kind act was captured on video.
While patrolling overnight, Officer Montes of the Peoria Police Department noticed an American flag being damaged in the wind. She rolled it up and set it in a safe place where the owner would find it.
The resident, David, posted the video with a note saying:
"I don't know who she was, but a Peoria PD officer on watch came to my house at 3:23am this morning. I have her on Ring video. My American flag had apparently separated from its mount in the wind last night, she was vigilant and noticed, and she was gracious enough to roll it up and leave it by my garage door. If she's reading this, thank you and much respect."
The department also tweeted, Giving Officer Montes her props.
Way to go!
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical Depression 21 forms over the eastern Atlantic
- Tropical Depression 20 strengthens into Tropical Storm Teddy
- Bar owners looking forward to business as state approves reopening
- NHC: Tropical Storm Sally to bring storm surge, hurricane-force winds to northern Gulf coast
- USF temporarily closes Recreation & Wellness facility after possible COVID-19 exposure
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield says he'll now stand for national anthem
- Florida bars allowed to reopen at half-capacity starting Monday
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter