SEBRING, Fla. — The suspect wanted in a deadly shooting at a Wesley Chapel apartment complex took his own life several counties away from the crime scene.
Brian Wilson, 34, was tracked from the Pasco County apartments to the Lakeshore Mall in Highlands County, the sheriff's office said. Surveillance in the area found Wilson sitting in a car in the mall's back parking lot.
As the SWAT team approached his car just after noon Saturday, deputies say Wilson drove off, crashed the car and shot himself.
Wilson was wanting in the shooting death of a 36-year-old woman at the Pasco Woods Apartments. He and the victim had a child together.
Authorities pleaded to Wilson to turn himself in to police.
What other people are reading right now:
- ICE agents are arriving for raids in Florida, report says
- Mother arrested after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back at doctor's office
- Florida man gets bitten by venomous snake after stepping out the front door
- Human remains found in Tampa are from man missing for a year
- Deputies: Florida man stuck cocaine, crack, heroin and pills in his butt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.