TAMPA, Fla. — If you've got a good mask or face covering, the city of Tampa wants to see it.
Not only because there's a mandatory face-covering/ mask order in place there, but because you could win a prize. The city launched a face-covering competition to "encourage residents to embrace face coverings as an essential, yet fashionable addition to any wardrobe."
Entries will be judged in the categories “Most Creative” and “Best Homemade.”
Prizes include $50-$100 gift cards from the following local partners:
- Bern’s Steak House
- Forbici Modern Italian
- Columbia Restaurant Group
- Armature Works
The deadline to enter is at 11:59 p.m. on July 12, 2020.
If you're not sure how to make a mask at home, don't worry, we have you covered. We've got a step-by-step video right here.
Tampa's mask order went into effect at 5 p.m., Friday, June 19. It requires individuals to wear a face-covering while indoors. Those who do not comply will face a civil citation.
While the number of coronavirus cases in the state continues to rise, Gov. Ron DeSantis has not called for a mandatory mask order. He has left the decision up to local governments and leaders.
- Florida adds another 10,059 coronavirus cases in one day
- Pasco County gentlemen's club catches on fire
- Everything to know about the new St. Pete Pier opening, including how to get a reservation
- Police identify men struck by lightning on Clearwater Beach
- Bellagio error may be biggest sportsbook loss in Vegas history
- Clearwater Fire Medics deliver baby boy on Courtney Campbell beach
- Deadly amoeba that destroys brain infects person in Hillsborough County, health department warns
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies of coronavirus in Florida
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter