A captain was forced to swim to shore after a boat caught fire in Manatee County.
It happened Tuesday morning off Longboat Key near Bowles Creek and Sarasota Bay.
The Manatee County Sheriff's Office Marine Unit and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials were dispatched to the scene.
Dark smoke could be seen billowing over the area.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Jeopardy! James' loses in stunning fashion
- Why did James Holzhauer bet so little in 'Final Jeopardy!' on Monday?
- Quest Diagnostics says nearly 12 million patients may have had private information breached
- Denied trip to Disney World, teen takes family himself - baking cupcakes
- Teenager's leg amputated after weekend shark attack