ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Update: St. Petersburg police say two 11-year-old twins were found safe.
Brenika and Brentasia Newton reunited with their family, according to the police.
Previous story: Police are asking for the public to help find missing 11-year-old twins.
John Hopkins Middle School students Brenika and Brentasia Newton both had on burgundy polo shirts, police said. One was wearing khaki shorts and one was wearing khaki pants.
They were expected home in the Crescent Lake area around 5 p.m. and were last seen on their school bus after school about 4:30 p.m.
A police officer saw the girls near Tropicana Field around dusk.
If you’ve seen them, call 727-893-7780 or send an anonymous message by texting “lSPPD" and your tip to TIP-411.
What other people are reading right now:
- Video appears to show somebody taking a bath in the kitchen sink at a Florida Wendy's
- City trying to force RV lot to take down giant US flag
- Florida mom finds her baby girl dead in a daycare van
- Accused St. Pete Beach wedding crasher caught on camera
- 154 people arrested in human trafficking, prostitution sting in Polk County