GULFPORT, Fla. — Two drivers are OK but a little banged up after their boats crashed during a heat during the Gulfport Grand Prix.
It happened Sunday around noon.
10News reporter Madison Alworth had just started a Facebook Live video to show off the day's events when the crash happened just seconds later.
The boats' drivers, Fred Derr and Chris Rinker, were removed and conscious after the crash, Alworth reports. One of them appeared to be clutching his shoulder.
Gulfport Fire Rescue says both men signed a release declining medical treatment.
The third annual Gulfport Grand Prix takes over the downtown area for several days, featuring activities in and around the waterfront.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'It's not fair': Slain USC student planned to go to law school, friend says
- Century-old alligator gets kicked out of a Florida park
- Texas boy missing since 2017 found in Florida
- Teal vehicle wanted in deadly motorcycle crash
- Group of 3,000 chickens ‘gang up’ to kill intruding fox on French farm
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.