SANFORD, Fla. — A 9-year-old Texas boy missing for more than a year has been found safe in Florida with his father.
Sanford police say Joshua Graham was taken from Texas by his father in 2017. Authorities said 52-year-old Kenneth Graham did not have custody of his son and did not tell the boy's mother he was taking him.
According to authorities, they located the father and son Saturday while investigating a suspicious vehicle.
The child had been reported missing earlier this week. Police did not say why he was not reported sooner. The boy is under the care of child welfare officials until he can be reunited with his mother.
The Orlando Sentinel reports criminal charges may be forthcoming by Texas officials.
What other people are reading right now:
- DEA looking for a contractor who can burn 1,000 pounds of marijuana per hour
- Garfield phones have been washing up on French beaches for decades. Now we finally know why
- Florida cat missing for 8 years ends up in Ohio
- Disney World to ban smoking, ice and certain strollers beginning May 1
- Bob Saget, John Stamos break silence on Lori Loughlin's arrest in bribery scandal
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.