CLEARWATER, Fla. — It's only one week into 2021 and COVID-19 concerns have already canceled the number one sand sculpting festival in the Sunshine State.
The City of Clearwater announced Thursday the 2021 Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival was canceled.
“Unfortunately, due to the current restrictions on large gatherings, the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival is unable to take place in April,” Lisa Chandler, Sugar Sand Festival founder and organizer said. “We will continue to keep you informed and look forward to creating another ‘sandtastic’ event in 2022.”
More information can be found online.
The announcement from the city comes in the same week it said it had to cancel the Clearwater Sea-Blues Festival.
- Police: 4 dead after Trump supporters storm US Capitol
- Congress confirms Joe Biden wins the presidency
- What a 50-50 Senate means for $2,000 stimulus checks
- Florida leaders react as pro-Trump supporter stage insurrection at Capitol
- Your COVID-19 vaccine questions, answered: Do I need to be a Florida resident?
- County-by-county COVID-19 vaccine information for Tampa Bay seniors
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletterb