LAKELAND, Fla. — A Lakeland police officer was found unresponsive in his patrol car on Wednesday.
Authorities with the Lakeland Police Department said they weren't able to get in touch with Officer Ken Foley, 57, on the radio. Officers said they think Foley suffered a medical episode while on break sitting in his car.
Police said Foley had been an officer with Lakeland PD for 29 years.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of leaving boy on the side of the road because he thought he was gay
- $5 million reward offered in FBI search for 'most wanted terrorist'
- Immersive 'Rise of the Resistance' ride drops you into epic 'Star Wars' battle
- Pasco Co. man accused of attacking woman with hatchet and hammer in meth-fueled rage
- 12 Christmas light displays to see around Tampa Bay this holiday season
FREE 10NEWS APP: