TAMPA, Fla. — Instead of a room with a view, how about a room with a brew?
Yuengling Brewery is indicating it is planning to add a hotel by its Tampa brewery, which is located near USF.
According to URBN Tampa Bay, the facility would have 200 rooms, a microbrewery, a beer garden, a tasting room, restaurants, a museum and conference space.
Wendy Yuengling released a statement:
As consumer interest in locally crafted beer continues to grow, we are always looking for ways to engage our loyal fans and re-envision the Yuengling experience in Tampa. This new development will not only offer visitors an enhanced brewery hospitality experience but will also increase our presence in the local community.
Yuengling said the company is in the early stages of zoning.
The company would not be the first to combine a hotel and a brewery. The Doghouse Hotel and Brewery in Columbus, Ohio has 32 beer-themed rooms, and each one has a mini-fridges stocked with beer (including one in the shower) and a beer tap.
The showers, however, use water, not beer.
What other people are reading right now:
- Child rapist vows to ‘rape the first woman he sees’ after he's released, deputies say
- Former daycare teacher who admitted to molesting kids avoids prison
- Florida man plans free speech fight after arrest over 'obscene' truck sticker
- Sunshine Skyway Bridge collapse: Looking back on the tragedy 39 years later
- Cigar City: Tampa's last cigar factory won't go down without a fight