ISLAMORADA, Fla — A Tampa Bay-area man visiting a strip club in the Florida Keys with his wife is accused of punching another man who tried to intervene in an argument between the couple.
Christopher Sutton, a 36-year-old Dunedin resident, was booked Friday morning in the Monroe County Jail on a battery charge, according to the Miami Herald, citing the Monroe County Sheriff's Office. He was released on a $15,000 bond later in the afternoon.
Sutton was arguing with his wife around 11:50 p.m. Thursday outside of Woody's strip club in Islamorada, the sheriff's office said. A man heading home from work tried to break up the couple, thinking Sutton was going to hit the woman.
Instead, Sutton punched the man in the face, said the Herald, leaving him with a bloody nose and lip.
Sutton's wife reportedly said he got angry when strippers invited her on stage and tried to take off her clothes. Sutton did not hit her.
What other people are reading right now:
- Funeral held for Beth Chapman, wife of 'Dog the Bounty Hunter'
- Suspect in deadly apartment shooting kills self at Highlands County mall
- ICE agents arrest, detain Oregon mother who has been in the US since she was an infant
- Florida man gets bitten by venomous snake after stepping out the front door
- Deputies: Florida man stuck cocaine, crack, heroin and pills in his butt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.