NAVARRE, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities say a Louisiana woman beat her wife with a bedpost, apparently upset her spouse put their marijuana through a washing machine.
The Pensacola News Journal reports that 30-year-old Ashley Perkins of Youngsville, Louisiana, was released from jail Thursday after being charged with aggravated battery.
The Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office said Perkins and her wife were arguing over missing marijuana when the fight escalated. Investigators say Perkins began hitting her wife with a bedpost around her head, legs and left arm.
Perkins told investigators her wife beat herself with the bedpost. Jail records didn't list a lawyer or contact information for Perkins.
The couple was in the area visiting relatives.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'I chose life': Rescued hiker speaks after 2 weeks lost in Hawaii wilderness
- Tornado kills 2 people and injures 29 others in Oklahoma
- Memorial Day celebrations, margarita and food festivals: 10 things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay
- Child ejected from car, killed in street-racing collision, police say
- World Redhead Day is May 26! 12 fun facts about red hair
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.