A Florida woman found a big surprise in her swimming pool Monday.
WPEC reports Senta Evans of Palm Beach Gardens was letting her dogs out for a walk when she found an 8-foot, 300-pound gator was taking a dip.
She called the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, who sent a trapper out to wrangle the reptile.
It is gator mating season, and experts warn the reptiles are more active this time of year.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man walking out of prison instantly gets arrested again for murder
- High school seniors recorded sex acts with underage girls, deputies say
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from Gulf of Mexico after fishing boat sinks
- Teen dies after getting trapped in a rip current at a Florida Beach
- Roadside bombing kills 3 American service members, 1 contractor in Afghanistan
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.