TAMPA, Fla — The Super Bowl Experience kicked off Friday with the arrival of the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
FedEx delivered the iconic trophy to Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park just after 5 p.m. It will remain on display until the day before the Super Bowl.
Super Bowl XXXVII Champion Derrick Brooks celebrated the Lombardi Trophy's arrival with a virtual appearance at the Super Bowl Experience Grand Opening Ceremony.
Brooks had some words of wisdom for his former team heading to the Super Bowl.
"I would simply say stay focused and understand the task at hand. Don't get distracted with everything outside of playing the game and for the most part, I think they will do it. Let's just be honest, they got a young man that's leading the team right now that's been to nine of these," Brooks said. "They're going to lean into that experience but that will be my simple message is to stay focused on the task at hand and make sure you maximize your effort."
Fans with tickets to the Super Bowl Experience will have the unique opportunity to take pictures with the world-famous trophy up close, before it is awarded to either the Bucs or the Chiefs on Feb. 7.
The Super Bowl Experience runs from Friday, Jan. 29 – Sunday, Jan. 31 and from Wednesday, Feb. 3 – Saturday, Feb. 6 at the Tampa Riverwalk.
- 'Lockdowns do not work:' Gov. DeSantis says state prioritizing jobs following White House shutdown recommendation
- Florida bill would let police watch crowds with drones
- Here's what to expect at the Super Bowl Experience in downtown Tampa
- Here's how many fans will be allowed to attend Super Bowl LV
- Everything you need to know about Super Bowl LV in Tampa
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter