ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The lottery process might be closed for Skyway 10K runners, but that doesn’t mean there still isn’t a chance to lace up and enter the race as a VIP.
That’s right—you can run the Skyway 10K VIP style by sending your story to the Armed Forces Family Foundation. Send why you want to run to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only 8,000 people can run across the iconic Bob Graham Sunshine Skyway Bridge. This year, more than 14,000 people registered for those spots.
The race benefits the nonprofit Armed Forces Families Foundation, which supports our military service members and their loved ones.
Since 2006, the Armed Forces Families Foundation has given back more than $2 million to deserving projects.
The Skyway 10K donates 100 percent of all race registration fees to the charity.
The event supports the Armed Forces Families Foundation.
For more information or frequently asked questions, click here.
10News is a proud sponsor of the Skyway 10K.
What other people are reading right now:
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm fire at condo complex near Tampa airport
- Silver Alert issued for missing Florida woman
- No bond for driver accused of hitting, killing jogger on Bayshore Boulevard
- Sheriff: 'Pure evil' man purposely ran over veteran because he wanted to kill somebody
- Man killed in Pasco County hit-and-run crash