TAMPA, Fla — It'll now be easier than ever for people to get a ride with Lyft in cities across Florida.
On Thursday, the rideshare app announced it would add a service in the Sunshine State that lets people who don't have the app call for a ride.
The ride doesn't have to be for you, you can use the phone number to book rides for your loved ones too. Lyft says it's perfect for seniors and anyone who might not have access to the app.
Agents will be available to book rides over the phone from 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.ET Monday through Friday. The person working the line will take your payment information and have a driver out within minutes.
Throughout the process, Lyft will text out important information about the ride and also send a link to track it once it's booked so loved ones or caregivers to stay in the loop.
The phone number is 631-201-LYFT.
You can find a list of cities this service is available for here.
- How would COVID-19 vaccine makers adapt to variants?
- Third stimulus check: Bill with $1,400 payments may have to lose $15 minimum wage
- Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine less effective than others, but not where it matters most
- 'Very unlikely' Tiger Woods returns to professional golf, orthopedic trauma surgeon says
- African American museums, historical resources around Tampa Bay
- More Americans identify as LGBTQ than ever before
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter