Hurricane Barbara has strengthened to become a category 4 storm with winds at 130 miles per hour.
The storm in the Pacific Ocean is expected to continue to strengthen today as it tracks generally to the west. It's expected to begin weakening Wednesday and will continue to weaken as it tracks closer to the Hawaiian Islands.
The storm will be a remnant low, if that, by next Tuesday when it's expected to bring the Hawaiian Islands a better chance of rain.
Track Tropical Weather: Click for live, interactive radar from 10News
Hurricane Season 2019: How to check your supplies, evacuation zones, insurance coverage
What other people are reading right now:
- Plane heading to St. Pete crashes in Texas, killing 10
- Trooper gets emotional signing off for the last time
- FDA identifies dog foods possibly linked to fatal canine heart disease
- Report: NASA to explore asteroid so valuable it could make everybody on Earth billionaires
- Teammates, coaches and parents gather to remember teen killed on bicycle
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.