BRADENTON, Fla. — The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay says two tornadoes touched down in the area as strong storms moved through.
On Saturday evening, an EF-1 tornado with maximum sustained winds of 95 mph touched down near Bradenton, according to the NWS.
The NWS says the tornado left a five-unit townhome with more than an estimated $5 million in damage. NWS says about 20 other homes in the area were damaged.
It also left one woman hurt when debris fell into her home, according to NWS.
On Sunday, an EF-0 tornado touched down around noon near Winter Haven, the National Weather Service confirmed.
The tornado left trees on roofs near Spirit Lake and Eagle Lake.
What other people are reading right now:
- US colleges divided over requiring student COVID-19 vaccinations
- Teen, 17, electrocuted in Spring Hill from downed power line
- Stormy weekend in Tampa Bay brought damage and heartbreak
- Derek Chauvin trial: Experts speculate prosecutors may rest their case Monday
- One officer fired after traffic stop incident involving Black Army second lieutenant
- 7 things to know about the space shuttle on 40th anniversary of 1st launch
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter