ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Tropical Storm Elsa is set to impact the Tampa Bay area starting Monday, with more severe effects from the storm starting Tuesday. Most of the area is already under a Tropical Storm Warning and Storm Surge Warning.
Whether you're new to the Sunshine State or are Florida-born, it's important to know what to do if a storm is heading your way.
Here's a checklist of things you'll need if Tropical Storm Elsa makes its way to your area:
- Check the latest forecast and live updates
- Review your hurricane plan
- Have your hurricane kit ready
- Sign up for county emergency alerts
- Know your evacuation zone
- Have a full tank of gas
- Know where your nearest storm shelter is
- Have a plan for your pets
- Make sure you have insurance
- Report price gouging if you see it
- Download the free 10 Tampa Bay app to get the latest information on Hurricane Elsa
> STAY INFORMED: If you have a Smart TV, add our Roku or Fire TV apps to stream our hurricane live tracker. Then, download our free 10 Tampa Bay mobile app to get urgent alerts sent directly to your phone to keep your family safe.
- Hurricane Elsa: Tampa Bay in forecast cone for Category 1 storm
- Sha'Carri Richardson apologizes after positive drug test disrupts her Olympic plans
- Devastated condo community looks to Biden visit for comfort
- Bodies of 2 children found in rubble of Surfside collapse, mayor says; number of deaths climb to 18
- Game 3 preview: Lightning striking first has winning results in playoffs
- Bill Cosby freed from prison after sexual assault conviction overturned
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter